The recommended waiting time for the Propeel AHA Renewal Chemical Exfoliant depends on skin type and sensitivity:
- SLIGHTLY KERATINIZED or SENSITIVE SKIN, apply the Propeel and wait 2 minutes before rinsing off
- HYPER-KERATINIZED or THICK SKIN, apply the Propeel and wait 8 minutes before rinsing off
The peeling process has a series of requirements that must be rigorously followed, because the end result depends on them.
Each case is unique, and only an evaluation will determine the proper method to follow.
Propeel AHA Renewal - Step-by-step
- Cleanse eyes, face and décolleté using Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover Gel and the FRANCE LAURE Cleansing Milk appropriate to skin type.
- Apply the FRANCE LAURE Perfecting Toner appropriate to skin type. Blot skin dry. Make sure that skin is dry, without the moist film that the application of a toner might have left. Propeel must be applied on a completely residue free skin.
- Place cotton pads soaked with calm Perfecting Toner on eyelids.
- Pour 1 tsp (5ml) Propeel into a cup.
- Apply Propeel to face, neck, and décolleté using a mask brush (or an acid peel applicator) and avoiding eye contour
- Allow to work for maximum 2 to 8 minutes depending on skin sensitivity (on keratinized or sensitive skin 2 min - on hyper-keratinized thick skin 8 min)
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. To insure all traces of Propeel are removed, use balance Cleansing Gel all over skin. Foam it and rinse well again with lukewarm water. Blot skin dry.
- Proceed with extractions as needed (on thick non-sensitive skin only). Follow with high-frequency pink electrode to aseptise skin.
- To re-establish skin pH, use cotton pads and gently apply FRANCE LAURE Perfecting Toner appropriate to skin type
- Carry on with the next steps of the facial according to skin type and selected treatment.
FRANCE LAURE Reference Book and Step-by-Step PRO Treatments are available in the PRO Download section