i-Peel exfoliation is composed of 2 phases
The first phase produces a lytic effect (breaking down of debris to help clear pores),
and the second phase consists of rubbing i-Peel to further remove dead skin cells and debris.
The waiting time for the lytic phase varies according to skin thickness. The thinner the skin, the less time you should wait.
The rubbing phase also depends on skin type and sensitivity: skip the rubbing phase on sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Recommended waiting time and rubbing technique for i-Peel
I-Peel waiting phase for a lytic effect (breaking-down of debris to help clear pores) can vary between 2 to 8 minutes, depending on skin thickness and exfoliation needs:
· Thin skin - 2 to 3 minutes
· Normal skin - 4 to 6 minutes
· Thick, oily, hyper-keratinized skin - 7 to 8 minutes
i-Peel rubbing phase (gommage) will vary also according to skin sensitivity
· Sensitive skin or oily acne-prone inflamed skin - rinse the i-Peel exfoliant with lukewarm water, without rubbing.
· Combination skin - remove the exfoliant with moistened compresses using downward rolling movements.
· Normal skin, keratinized, mature or dehydrated with no sensitivity - proceed with finger rubbing. Be careful to hold skin carefully, avoiding back-and-forth movements and stretching unnecessarily
Step-by-step Treatment with i-Peel 2-in-1 Chemical rubbing
1. Cleanse eyes, face and décolleté using Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover Gel and the France Laure Cleanser according to skin type.
2. With a cotton pad apply the France Laure Perfecting Toner according to skin type.
3. Place cotton pads soaked with calm Perfecting Toner on eyelids.
4. Important: shake i-Peel thoroughly to obtain a homogeneous texture. Pour 1 tsp (5 ml) of iPeel into a cup. Using a mask brush, apply iPeel to face, neck and decollete, avoiding eye contour.
5. Wait 2 to 8 minutes according to skin thickness and sensitivity (see recommended waiting time)
6. Proceed with the rubbing phase, rub downward using 2 moistened compresses or rub with your fingers according to skin type and sensitivity (see recommended method). On sensitive acne-prone skin, rinse the i-Peel and skip this rubbing phase.
7. Rinse thorougly with lukewarm water. Blot skin dry.
8. Apply France Laure Perfecting Toner according to skin type and proceed with the next steps of your facial treatment.
For more details and info on i-Peel and all France Laure products, see “France Laure reference book”, and “step-by-step Treatments” available in the "PRO download" section.